New Delhi: The President of India today sworn in one cabinet minister and 19 new ministers of state on advice by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Prakash Javdekar, the minister of state (MoS) in charge of Environment is the only MoS to be elevated to cabinet rank along with 19 new faces who took their oath of office at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. The list of ministers include Prakash Javadekar (Cabinet Minister) and Ministers of State Faggan Singh Kulaste, S.S. Ahluwalia, Ramesh Chandappa Jigajinagi, Vijay Goel, Ramdas Athawale, Rajen Gohain, Anil Madhav Dave, Parshottam Rupala, M.J. Akbar, Arjun Ram Meghwal, Jaswantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor, Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Ajay Tamta, Smt. Krishna Raj, Mansukh L. Mandaviya, Anupriya Patel, C.R. Chaudhary, P.P. Chaudhary and Subhash Ramrao Bhamre.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also dropped 5 ministers from his cabinet they are
- Sanwar Lal Jat, (Minister of State for Water Resources River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation)
- Mohanbhai Kalyanjibhai Kundariya, (Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare)
- Nihal Chand, (Minister of State for Panchayati Raj)
- Mansukhbhai Dhanjibhai Vasava (Minister of State for Tribal Affairs)
- Prof. (Dr.) Ram Shankar Katheria, (Minister of State for Human Resource Development)
President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted their resignation.